New Tune Music Composing Camp

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

On 19-20th, I went to Bukit Tinggi (Pahang) for New Tune Music Composing Camp with the theme 音乐方程式. The main purpose of the camp is to encourage song writing among newtuners, while the rest purposes are to strengthen relationship between newtuners, to scout talented people in music and to encourage members to perform.

This camp, for me is a success, as I gained something from it. Well. Coincidentally, I was in the process of song-writing. Coincidentally, I met my obstacles and was damn going to give up. Coincidentally, the theme for this camp is about song-writing as well. So coincidentally, due to the camp, it pushed me to face my obstacles and BOOM! There goes again, I'm on my trail once more! ^^ *feeling damn high as I manage to born a full song tonight!*

Back to the topic. I was one of the committees last year, but this year as a senior, I went as a camper. This is my final year, so I really tried to enjoyed the camp very much, and I did, happily. I got the chance to play the games, which I didn't last year. The juniors successfully organized the programme flow well, and I successfully played the games with my full concentration and commitment, that in the end, my group won! Yay! Had so much fun while playing the games with my dear group mates.


My group mates

I got the chance to perform too, unfortunately. Because that was scary! There were to parts of the performance, one is song-writing in which I concentrated more, another is group performance, in which I screwed. I didn't perform well in my part, as I was in super blur condition at that time, sorry dear group mates!!

In the song-writing section, I spent about 4 hours (from 12am to 4am) to produce a simple English song with 2 version of melodies but same lyrics, which written by Sze Pei, my group mate who writes poem. This is my first time to fill in melody based on lyrics. But I finally got the chance to experience the easiness to have a partner to write songs, phew~ How good to have a partner like Sze Pei, too bad she doesn't write Chinese, too bad NT songs are in Chinese mostly.

Thanks to junior Edmund, I managed to get things right with the chords, which killed me hard X( And big thanks to senior Guo Hao for the guitar lesson on how to find chords, which kills me hard too X[
, I seriously need to improve this for my own sake! For about 4.30 in the morning, Sze Pei and I finally done the song. After like 2 hours sleep, we managed to spend a little time to finalize and practice the song with the rest group members. I unfortunately had to show off my lousy guitaring in front of seniors and juniors, Oh My God! Really paiseh for the mistakes!! So in the end, we performed it, and from the review of senior Jian Lee, the song was like a straight line, in short, boring. XD really paiseh, I felt sorry for the lyricist.

One of the most special event of the camp was the talk and performances given by seniors Jian Lee and Guo Hao. I've learn more about writing lyrics, maybe I should just write my own lyrics instead of waiting for the no-response friends, who help me to fill lyrics. I wonder why, perhaps my songs aren't too good for them anyway *sighs* I seriously need to improve more and more.

There is a part from the talk that wet my eyes, that Jian Lee said that we really need to feel appreciate to NT for giving us the chance in song-writing, in performing on stage, to play music, to dance, for the friends, for the moments in uni, for everything. This made me thought of the moments I spent with NT, the moments I left spending with NT, my tear glands just couldn't help it. This is saddening. Maybe it's time for me write a letter to NT, like the one I did to SS, before I forget about it again.


I'm going to write another post on our trip to Colmar Tropicale, French village at Bukit Tinggi. There are 4 days of Raya break I left, OMG!! I still left many things to do, 6 assignments, 3 midsem exams, and songs for NTLP!! Bless me. ^^"

0 comments: