UKM Pesta Tanglung Carnival 2009

>> Sunday, September 13, 2009

Traditionally, UKM Pesta Tanglung will held a carnival outside UKM every year in September.



This year, they held this event at Dewan Persatuan Hokkien at Kajang.



Being UKM student for 2 years already, I went to this carnival for the very 1st time, and the last time too, as this is my final year. I went there two days, first day went with coursemates Woon Mei, Mei Yong and Ah Tung, and the second day went with New Tuners, who performed in the event.

To attract people, the usual and popular food stalls from Pasar Malam will be seen during such carnivals.



Meat balls that bomb in your mouth~



Lok Lok.



Mei Yong with her food, forgot what's it call..



Fried Chicken, my favourite.



Desserts. And many more..

Besides food, there were others attractions towards kids and adults.



Clown, who said "Yoorrr.. Why take my photooo? Sorry Mr. Clown XD



Who gave out cute balloons to kids only.



捞金鱼.



Beautiful latterns decorations.



Cute stuffs, which sold by my coursemate June's sister.



And I couldn't resist, so I bought these two.



And special for coursemates, June's sister gave me one extra free! Yay! Thanks!! XD



Balloons. And many more..

There are stage performances as well.



For example lion dance, which attracted alot of kids! ^^ but not to me, it was noisy!!



Drums performance from Yu Hua kids, they were so cool!!

In the exhibition section, lattens, traditional chinese cultures can be seen, and I took some photos of them.



Antique camera, I think my dad still got one at home.



Antique clock.



Antique iron.



Antique gramaphone. And, many more...



They have chinese traditional calligraphy show.



Their tools. And again, many more.

The end. I spent these two night happily. Met a lot of friends, who haven't seen for some time. And New Tune performances were a success, the junior singers were good, Siew Suan and Chee Huan, and also the interesting keyboardist Wu Jing. Dance was always good as well! We also had a little so-called farewell dinner with Allan Hoo, a New Tune member who's going to take his degree in German, walao~ German!! Gonna miss this nice guy too.

3 comments:

kok hou September 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

the one ah fai interested of is Siew Suan or Chee Huan? wahahaha

Tracie September 25, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

whoa! didn't notice got comment here..guo hao congratz!! you're the 1st who comment in the blog! XD

you very geh boh wer.. heard about this from who har? >D

kok hou September 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

哈哈,那么我很榮幸咯?

自己感覺到的,也有一點八卦新聞